We are happy to announce this year marks the 13th anniversary of Camp Calvary!
As adults, many of us are aware of the positive effects attending summer camp can have on us in our youth – so why not allow our children to experience the same benefits? Read on for five of the most important reasons to send your kids to camp this summer.
1. Physical activity. As children spend so much time these days inside and mostly sitting down, camp provides a wonderful opportunity to move. Running, swimming, jumping and climbing!
2. Boost self-esteem and confidence. Camp helps children build self-confidence and self-esteem by removing the kind of academic, athletic and social competition that shapes their lives at school. With its non-competitive activities and diverse opportunities to succeed, camp life can prove to be a real boost for young people.
3. Develop vital skills. Camps provide the right instruction, equipment and facilities for kids to enhance their sports abilities, their artistic talents, and their adventure skills. The sheer variety of activities offered at camp makes it easy for kids to discover and develop what they like to do.
4. Gain independence. Summer camp is the ideal place for kids to practice making decisions for themselves without parents and teachers guiding every move. Managing their daily choices in the safe, caring environment of camp, children welcome this as a freedom to blossom in new directions.
5. Make lifelong friends. Camp is the place where kids make their very best friends. Free from the social expectations pressuring them at school, camp encourages kids to relax and make friends easily. All the fun at camp draws everyone together— singing, laughing, talking, playing, and doing almost everything together.
The first summer session of Camp Calvary kicks off on Monday, June 20 and runs through Friday, July 15, followed by session two (July 18 – August 12). For more information regarding registration, enrollment fees and more, click here.